Feminism isfor everyone.

a celebration of feminism at UVA.
become a fan on facebook!
Dec 21, 2008,7:19 PM
Diva Cup

So I'm sure most everyone here has heard of the Diva Cup. But it wasn't until I unwrapped a Kotex pad this semester and saw this that I actually considered buying one:



Now, I had been used to the blue liquid on commercials, and the picture Kotex provides online makes it seem like a drawing. But Kotex has actually decided to draw a blue outline of liquid on their pads. First, I would like to thank Kotex for telling me exactly where to bleed. Before that blue outline appeared, I never knew what to do. Second, I have to wonder what is in that ink. Just like we have a right to know what is in our clothes, and many people prefer natural fabrics like cotton, we should know what is in our "feminine products." Doing a quick search on Google, I found this blog entry where the blogger had to email Kotex to ask about what they use in their products. This person only asked about a couple of products (none of which have the ink printed on the actual pad, however), but the picture doesn't look too bright. Wood pulp? Polypropylene? Polyethylene?

But to get to the point, I am seriously considering a Diva Cup (and I heard you can fertilize your plants every time you empty it!).
10 previous posts
Fem 2.0 Conference ★ The Feminist Issue For Our Time ★ "Post-Abortion Syndrome" A Figment of Anti-Choicer... ★ Anyone have an answer to this question? ★ UN urges end to abuses of Women ★ UVA: a rape prone campus ★ T-Shirts are in! ★ nellie mckay= love ★ As a follow-up... ★ Tory Bowen can't call it "rape" ★
Past posts by month
August 2006 ★ September 2006 ★ October 2006 ★ November 2006 ★ December 2006 ★ January 2007 ★ February 2007 ★ April 2007 ★ August 2007 ★ September 2007 ★ October 2007 ★ January 2008 ★ February 2008 ★ March 2008 ★ April 2008 ★ May 2008 ★ June 2008 ★ July 2008 ★ August 2008 ★ September 2008 ★ October 2008 ★ November 2008 ★ December 2008 ★ January 2009 ★ February 2009 ★ March 2009 ★ April 2009 ★ May 2009 ★ June 2009 ★ July 2009 ★ September 2009 ★ October 2009 ★ November 2009 ★ December 2009 ★ January 2010 ★ February 2010 ★ March 2010 ★ April 2010 ★ June 2010 ★ August 2010 ★ September 2010 ★ October 2010 ★ November 2010 ★ December 2010 ★ January 2011 ★
Credits
Coded by wickedicy banner from Reviviscent.