Feminism isfor everyone.

a celebration of feminism at UVA.
become a fan on facebook!
Feb 26, 2010,6:04 PM
women's last stand

I know this is late, but...I was really upset by the Super Bowl commercials this year. The only ones attempting humor were directed at how annoying women can be, and how men need to stand up for themselves and watch the football game with their buddies (a pastime that women around the world are not allowing to occur)

Exhibit A:

I mean, really it's doubly annoying to me, because I am a girl, and *gasp* I watch football on Saturdays and Sundays. Way to pretend that all women are vapid, lavender-candle-seeking pinheads and that to all men, showing affection to their S.O. is a chore.

But the one that really upset me was this - "I will be civil to your mother. I will put the seat down....I will watch your vampire tv shows with you." blah blah blah

But luckily, some awesome women made this spoof . Way to go, ladies!


10 previous posts
Clueless & Celebrate Every Body Week ★ Getting drunk = consent ★ Gender Labelling ★ Miss America ★ UPDATE/CHANGE - *letter-writing party* for real re... ★ New Semester (and a new web address!) ★ happy winter break! ★ 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted in the US - 1 ... ★ thanks, cav daily ★ things i'm reading: sexual violence ★
Past posts by month
August 2006 ★ September 2006 ★ October 2006 ★ November 2006 ★ December 2006 ★ January 2007 ★ February 2007 ★ April 2007 ★ August 2007 ★ September 2007 ★ October 2007 ★ January 2008 ★ February 2008 ★ March 2008 ★ April 2008 ★ May 2008 ★ June 2008 ★ July 2008 ★ August 2008 ★ September 2008 ★ October 2008 ★ November 2008 ★ December 2008 ★ January 2009 ★ February 2009 ★ March 2009 ★ April 2009 ★ May 2009 ★ June 2009 ★ July 2009 ★ September 2009 ★ October 2009 ★ November 2009 ★ December 2009 ★ January 2010 ★ February 2010 ★ March 2010 ★ April 2010 ★ June 2010 ★ August 2010 ★ September 2010 ★ October 2010 ★ November 2010 ★ December 2010 ★ January 2011 ★
Credits
Coded by wickedicy banner from Reviviscent.