Feminism isfor everyone.

a celebration of feminism at UVA.
become a fan on facebook!
Jun 10, 2008,11:34 PM
My Internship!

Hey Everyone,
So this summer I am living in Los Angeles with my sister, and I have an internship at Break the Cycle! Break the Cycle is a national non-profit organization that fights to end dating and domestic violence among youths between the ages of 12-24. I have been working there now for a few weeks now, and I LOVE it! Right now I am working on a Fotonovela, which is like a comic book but instead of illustrations it has pictures in comic book form. It is really popular with the Latino population, which is important because it is part of our Latino education campaign to target Latinos in the LA area and let them know about resources available to them. Last Friday I got to work on a photo shoot for it! Other than that I have been writing a grant and learning a lot about the inner workings of a non-profit. If you are interested, check out the website, www.breakthecycle.org
And if this kind of internship interest you, let me know and I will help you apply for next summer!
10 previous posts
sex trafficking in Thailand ★ Summer Reading ★ Ordained Catholic Women to be Exocommunicated by t... ★ Here's an email I got that might interest those of... ★ women's shoes= bad news ★ Oh, the irony ★ Sex and the City ★ Mother's love worth $117,000 per year, study says ★ Student activists! ★ 12-Year-Old Basketball Phenom Banned for Being Too... ★
Past posts by month
August 2006 ★ September 2006 ★ October 2006 ★ November 2006 ★ December 2006 ★ January 2007 ★ February 2007 ★ April 2007 ★ August 2007 ★ September 2007 ★ October 2007 ★ January 2008 ★ February 2008 ★ March 2008 ★ April 2008 ★ May 2008 ★ June 2008 ★ July 2008 ★ August 2008 ★ September 2008 ★ October 2008 ★ November 2008 ★ December 2008 ★ January 2009 ★ February 2009 ★ March 2009 ★ April 2009 ★ May 2009 ★ June 2009 ★ July 2009 ★ September 2009 ★ October 2009 ★ November 2009 ★ December 2009 ★ January 2010 ★ February 2010 ★ March 2010 ★ April 2010 ★ June 2010 ★ August 2010 ★ September 2010 ★ October 2010 ★ November 2010 ★ December 2010 ★ January 2011 ★
Credits
Coded by wickedicy banner from Reviviscent.